Friday, August 5, 2011

I've Got a Daisy On My Toe



Ever since I can remember we have camped. We camp at Fallen Leaf in Lake Tahoe. Some of my best childhood memories are of camping with my mom and her family. Hiking, fishing, swimming, getting dirty, cooking smores and singing around the campfire. Those are some of the things my childhood was made of. I am so blessed to be passing the tradition to my own kids and they love it as much as I did.

Over the years my Grandparents hauled 11 children camping. Their friends the Castanso's camped with them as well. Campfire songs were a Castanso specialty and they wrote the one that we have passed down the family tree.

I've got a daisy on my toe
It's not real, it does not grow
It's just a tattoo of a flower
So I look neat taking a shower

It's on the second toe of my left foot
A stem and flower but there's no root,
cause it wouldn't look good!
I got a daisy on my toe,
my right foot loves my left foot so


This song represents a lifetime with people who mean the world to me. It reminds me of singing and laughing with my mom. It reminds me of the undying, unchanging love of my Grandma and Papa. It reminds me of my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. It is funny how a simple campfire song can bring so much emotion. So in honor of all those memories and my Grandparents and Mom, I got a daisy on toe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment