Friday, January 1, 2010

It's the farmin' life for me



I am not a big resolution person. I can admit though that by the end of the holiday season my mind is focused on what I need to get done the following year. I don't make resolutions but I do set goals and this year I have plenty. Most have to do with the growth and development of the farm. Starting this blog was a biggie and I am proud to check it off my list on January 1st. I want to have the farm flowing smooth and be ready for next winter, lugging water in buckets, when hoses are frozen, is not as much fun as you might think.







I want to triple the size of my pathetic garden and have enough to can and store for the winter. I would love to have a pantry of home grown fruits, veggies, stews and sauces and never have to buy pre-made, store bought crap again.





I want to grow






and butcher all my own meat.



We did the pigs this year and it was an experience (more later) I would like to add more chickens for meat, turkeys, a cow or two and a goat for milk. It would also be awesome to have bees for honey, pollination and wax. My own candles, soap and beauty product would be fun.


Aside from the farm I want to watch the TV less and read and play with the kids more.


Last and most important I want to strengthen my relationship with God and set aside time every day to meditate and pray.

1 comments:

The Lewis Family said...

That looks perfect! I love it! I think it is a GREAT start!! Let me know if you have any other questions?? Were you able to figure out the background thing too??

Post a Comment